Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Old Shirt Designs

I thought I would share some of my old shirt designs with the internet community. These are all projects from a semester course I took in silkscreening my final semester at LMU. I'd taken two other printmaking classes going into it, but I'd worked mainly in linoleum and woodcut printing. Silkscreening was the next logical step. We had to come up with a "brand" that we would remain consistent with for all of our projects. I had a few political-minded design ideas, so I thought I'd stick to that. I printed all of these at least once, but only the Castro and Mao shirts and the Grover shirts have ever been sold/distributed amongst friends.








2 comments:

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Good to see these designs again. There is certainly a political vibe going that goes way back. Series work is very important. To work through an idea and create it never begins and end in one place. Carry on!

Brigitte said...

these are amazing! bravo good sir, bravo.